What's new

No-Brainer

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
This deal came up on CL and I had to jump on it. A 160-bottle, dual zone unit that retails north of $1,500 for only $75.00. Does the compressor work? No. Do I care? No. The lower level of my house typically stays around 65 degrees year round. I'll clean it up, get some cedar trays and let it sit for a few weeks with some boveda packs (yes I know it will take a lot and I don't care). I'm gonna shoot for 62% in the upper level and 69% lower. I'll put some empty boxes in there for a few weeks with the boveda packs and hygrometers to see how well it can maintain RH in each zone. If all is will, I can start moving cigars into it in about a month. If it needs tweaks to get the zones right, I'll work that out. Proof that seeing keyword alerts on CL is worth it.

Sorry about the quality of the pic. Not much light in the lower level of the house.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Awesome find. My Craig list never has these type of deals. Lots of room there too #bombmatt

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Damn thats a great find. I found one for $400, but its 200 miles away and I hate paying for a working unit that I wouldn't be plugging in.

Have you already priced out shelves and drawers for it?

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very similar to what I got off Craigslist. Learned some stuff while building it out but it's been incredibly solid with the humidity and ease of storage with drawers and shelves.

Forrest did my shelves and drawers to fit the same tracks in the cooler. I added full extension rollers for better access. These things make amazing wineadors when they are setup.

Enjoy filling it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what's it worth, I used a CO Magna to season once I got my shelves and drawers in. You obviously can't maintain dual zones that way but I get a slight variance so you can manage it within 4% or so. I also added approx 6 lbs KL for rebound. That's a shit ton of boveda packs that I didn't want to deal with.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Great find brother. I always check Craigslist there is a large one about 30 miles from me and I am so tempted