What's new

Noob scored a humidor

Scot

Stogie Noob
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, being new and all to smoking, I have been needing a humidor. Was thinking new but then cruised craigslist. Saw a guy having a garage sale and a humidor was listed. Right down the road so I checked it out.

Closed with a nice WUMP, smelled of cedar nice, almost no defects... The guy said he paid $150 for it since it was some kind of "exotic" wood. Yeah right...

Anyways, got the humi and a real nice REI family tent for $38. Not too bad me thinks. Sorry the pic isn't better. It's from my cell phone.

Any donations to help fill it up are more than welcome!:smile:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Nice Humi, and a good score it sounds like too. Check the seal around the glass, just to be sure. Make sure you season it again, you never know how it's been kept until now.

Be sure you pick up some Heartfelt beads, and a hygrometer. The sponsors here can help you with that.

Here is a thread with a lot of good info for you.
[ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=3277"]A primer on humidification and seasoning - BOTL Cigar Forums - Brothers of the Leaf[/ame]

As for donations, make youself a regualr around here, and I'm sure you'll have that puppy full in no time.

Scot

Stogie Noob
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice Humi, and a good score it sounds like too. Check the seal around the glass, just to be sure. Make sure you season it again, you never know how it's been kept until now.

Be sure you pick up some Heartfelt beads, and a hygrometer. The sponsors here can help you with that.

Here is a thread with a lot of good info for you.
A primer on humidification and seasoning - BOTL Cigar Forums - Brothers of the Leaf

As for donations, make youself a regualr around here, and I'm sure you'll have that puppy full in no time.
DP...thats some great advice. Thank you. It had a hygrometer that I am calibrating right now. It's holding steady at 70%. Are the beads better than a Credo sponge humidifier? Because that is what is in it right now.

Just seasoned the puppy. GAWD I loved how the Cedar smell came out!!! What a wonderful scent!!!

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
If the glass leaks real bad ...get a hydra.....lol just kidding but seriously ya might check it out from our sponsors:ccool:........ I love mine!!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
You can always do the "dollar bill" test to make sure you have a good seal.....but don't forget, glass in pourous!