What's new

NYC Local hangouts

VirginIslander

This Space For Rent
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hey everyone, I'm headed up to NY march 5-9. My girlfriend has to go up for school once a month and I wanted to check out some good B&Ms if anyone in the area has any recommendations. We will be staying in West Babylon, Long island and I've been to Village tobacco right there in town, but where should I go in the city while she's in class?

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
There are a couple place on Long Island you should check out.

In Garden city you should check out J. Barbera's shop. Very nice store, good selection in the humidor but not much of a lounge for non members.

www.jbarberatobocconist.com

Another place that has a very nice lounge and a very good selection of cigars is Matadors Cigars in Roslyn, right off of I 495. Great store that has been open for about 6 months. I would highly recommend Matadors.

www.matadorcigars.com/

In Port Jefferson there is a shop called Smoke Signals. I've been there a couple times and it's a pretty nice place. I can't remember what the selection is like, but it's a nice lounge. I think it might be a members only lounge though, I can't be sure.

Let me what nights you are available and maybe we can get together.

VirginIslander

This Space For Rent
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I have no idea why I posted this in storage, sorry. But yeah, I'll be in Manhattan a few times. Aside from the ridiculously over-priced place in little italy ($29 for a La Aurora Preferidos? Really?) , I know of know of nowhere to go.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Best selections I found were Barclay Rex on lexington or the Cigar Inn on upper east side. Both had nice lounges as well. Davidoff was nice but they sold way too many Davidoff's for my liking. And I really think that Nat Sherman has the nicest store I have ever been in but not a great selection of smokes.