What's new

Odd Humidity Issue

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a digital hygrometer. Which is showing me some interesting things about either A) my humidor or B) the Hygrometer

When I place the hygrometer on the side near the humidification devices it reads a pleasant 67% at 68F, if I move it to the top resting on the cigars beneath my glass top is shows 55% at 68F.

The humidor is a 50 smoke size with a glass top, I have two humidifiers. One is a typical round foam unit prepped with 50/50 and the other is a 2oz jar of jel stuff, prepped with 50/50 which I have been refilling with distilled water.

The smokes come out of the box and seem alright, I am just trying to figure out why moving the hygrometer such a small distance changes the reading so much.

The other thing is that the hygrometer is lower in the box when I have placed near the humidification devices and very close to the top when on top of the cigars.

Any thoughts?

I did a search but didn't turn up any similar thread.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting that if you try to use the at symbol between temp and humidity the software running the forum thinks you are posting a URL.

sportsmedjosh

CRA Member: 211528
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Are you placing your hygrometer closer to your humidification device. I think it would be similar to diffusion, the closer your get the stronger the farther away the weaker.