What's new

Odd humidor??

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Dunno yet. I have a customer that knows I smoke cigars and brought it to me thought I could use it. Needs washing and a good sunbath. Id say prob 25/35 robusto's

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I'm assuming from looks, and it has that humid stone fastened to the top. The person that gave it to me was kinda questioning if it was, I thought yeah maybe? It has a great seal on the top but not like a Tupperware container, older wet stone fasten to the top and its 5 1/4" deep I just assumed. Its a heavy piece of some kind of plastic or polymer similar to corian but no cedar. I have some thin cedar sheets I thought about laying in the bottom and see if it holds rh. Then I'll probably throw a box of my favorite yard gars in there to see what's up? Worth a shot if it holds rh. Kinda hoping some of the more knowledgeable guys on here seen something similar or even close to it.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I'm assuming from looks, and it has that humid stone fastened to the top. The person that gave it to me was kinda questioning if it was, I thought yeah maybe? It has a great seal on the top but not like a Tupperware container, older wet stone fasten to the top and its 5 1/4" deep I just assumed. Its a heavy piece of some kind of plastic or polymer similar to corian but no cedar. I have some thin cedar sheets I thought about laying in the bottom and see if it holds rh. Then I'll probably throw a box of my favorite yard gars in there to see what's up? Worth a shot if it holds rh. Kinda hoping some of the more knowledgeable guys on here seen something similar or even close to it.
That's why I asked cuz I haven't and even after quick searching I didn't see anything so I figured its converted but I don't doubt it would work. Good luck worse case i would think it should at least hold well enough for like vacation sticks

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Maybe its something similar to a jar? Also depending how much humidity the stone will out off maybe designed for pipe tobacco? Both just guesses but kinda reminds me of jars.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
It is an old humidor. Most likely use was for pipe tobacco. I have a couple my mom had given me over the years. Seen them made out of wood and copper, but never a plastic material. Gear find.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
It is an old humidor. Most likely use was for pipe tobacco. I have a couple my mom had given me over the years. Seen them made out of wood and copper, but never a plastic material. Gear find.
I agree. I did an image search on google for vintage round humidors and it brings up a lot that look really close.