What's new

Ok so I am going with a wineador

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I am sure there is probably a post somewhere on here (I can't find it) on the proper method on settings up a wineador. I can't pass up the Target clarance , if it is still there in a couple of days, and I need to know if there is something special that I need to do to prepare it. Is it necessary to go with the wooden trays? What is the purpose of the extra oust fans, does the air not circulate enough?

Thanks ahead of time for the pain I am being.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I fan or two would be nice. you do not have to have the shelves or drawers they just make em look nice and optimize space. I used the lids to some big boxes that I ziptied to the wire shelves. I'll take pics when I get home

I use the kitty litter beads, but would recomend at least a pound of heartfelt. go tothere site and do the calculations to make sure you have enough. you can also use a Hydra or Cigar oasis. I believe the modle you are using has settings that are warm enough. Mine does not and would be too cold even on it's highest temp. So I have an external temp controller.

I'll update with pica later on.

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Welcome to the dark side.

Just clean it out good with a mild detergent. if it smells too plastic-ey let it air out for a couple of days.

I'd reccommend plugging the drain hole with a 50 cent rubber stopper from Home Depot.

Depending on the size of the unit, and how often you're in it, fans won't be needed, but I'd still reccommend them due to the verticality of the storage configuration and the commonness of hearing about top being different humidity than bottom.

The biggest reason for wood in the wineador is to compensate for the lack of wood in a wineador. The wood will help regulate humidity, and impart that wonderful aroma we all like to get out of a humidor when cracking it open. Empty boxes are a great option for the budget friendly shopper.

I have a 12 bottle vinotemp and use a pound of beads for humidification... rock solid. Check out my albums for pics of my set up.

You were right... there are tons of threads about the topic... so these are just my .02.

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Not the best option... that would have the exposed element inside making a compartment inside to freeze things and outside to cool things.

If it ends up like any other I've seen it'll be covered in frost within a month (the freezer).

You may be able to dial the temp waay up and make it work... but you aren't saving enough coin for the headache IMO.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Temp control would worry be about the fridge.

I have a winedor and have absolutely no problems with it. Its a vinotemp.

I put some electrical tape over the drain hole in the back. Have beads in the bottom and on a few shelves. I had some custom shelves and drawers made. Damn I love it.

The cedar shelves and drawers will hold the humidity, I one oust fan in there right now. I would like to wire a few cpu fans up but that will be for a later time.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I have a wineadore & would be happy to help you out if you have any questions. Just shoot me a pm.