What's new

Old boxes

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hello everybody, I'm looking into getting Pelican type box as a humidor, would it be OK to use old cigar box parts as a liner for it? Or are they not made of the right wood?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Some of the boxes are obviously not cedar but many are. For the small amount of wood you will need I think that's a great idea. Do you intend to use some type of glue?j

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Good question, maybe a good double sided tape but I would guess most glues would be fine once dried and allowed to cure.

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Not sure what size Pelican you are looking at but most will not hold all that many cigars and considering the cost there are better options. The one for my camera equipment is great but the cost was over $100 but dose have the soft liner instead of foam and you might get 2-300 cigars if they are loose with the liner removed. Heavy duty enough to stand on if that is what you are looking for in a humidor but kinda over kill unless you travel with all your cigars in tow.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Harbor Freight brand, far cheaper than an actual pelican. About the size of the 150 count humidor I had that got moldy while I was in korea. I do spend quite a bit time traveling and all I have right now is a 5 count travel case which is far too small

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
for traveling it makes sense.
don't worry about cedar in your travel case,a couple of slide tops will do it.
or leave them out,it takes a while for cedar to permeate cello.

back home.....
coolerdor or a tupperdor.
get the cedar boxes from your local B&M
or use ziplocks ......I use both and it works great.

Last edited: