What's new

Old style humidor new to me, Wife Rules!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Howdy All:

I hope you are doing great today.

Today is our wedding anniversary and I flew home to Detroit and made sure to stop and get the wife card, flowers, gift and such. Then I walk in the door and see this large gift with a bow and a card. My wonderful bride got me an old humidor table, how cool is that? Now I realize that this is not going to be holding perfect humidity and such but I can keep my old boxes and such in it. Here are a couple of pictures-

BEst regards, tony

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
no reason that won't hold humidity. Get an lb of beads, and some cedar trays and make that bad boy a humidor. That thing is awesome. Everytime I've seen one for sale I had just spent my allowance on smokes.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
that's classy man... congrats. Stick some cedar in there and seal it up it will make a great humi.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Wow, Really?

I guess it would not hurt to put some beads in it and see if it holds. Never would have thought of trying this, you guys are a wealth of information.

Best regards, tony

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
it doesnt have to be 100% airtight, and it realy shoudnt be. just start with some beads. If it needs a little more help, then maybe an electronic Cigar Oasis or Hydra unit. Then at that point if its a real leaker, then try some foam around the door.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Congrats on the anniversary. Thats awesome! Your wife knows whats up! My gf just got my initials engraved on my cutter and I thought that was bad ass...but your wife takes the cake!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Wow, Really?

I guess it would not hurt to put some beads in it and see if it holds. Never would have thought of trying this, you guys are a wealth of information.

Best regards, tony
#1 you can always ask RonC

#2 just looking at the door, and knowing the craftmanship used in old pieces like that is far superior to what we see in most cases today. That door looks pretty dang good as is. see what happens with some beads and a few empty boxes.

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Very nice score. The metal liner's were put in there to seal. Like others said, use it for what it was made for. It looks like it will hold a few boxes!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have a similar cabinet but not as ornate. It seals rather well and with cigars in boxs and beads, works fine. Very nice pick up. Great wife.