What's new

One last question

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
So purchased the great deal for the wine fridge, I am thinking of getting the Hydra and beads to go in it. The reason I am thinking of doing this is where I live and with how the humidity greatly fluctuates (no insulation and many cracks to allow air in) I feel this might be an answer to keeping the humidity even.
Can the cord for the hydra be ran down thru the drainage hole in the fridge
Should this work, do I not needs beads?

I was thinking of adding this to the mix with an added fan.
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=838309

Again thanks for your help

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I'm not sure the cord works, but the COXl one is only about 1/4 inch wide, and if the drain is that wide it might work with some sort of fishline like a hanger. I just drilled a hole in the side of mine for the external temp controller, and used so oof the expanding foam stuff to seal it.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I don't know about running the cord out of the drain (never though of that)
but the ribbon is only paper thick and can be run out the door...
When I get mine I am gonna run the power cord for my oasis trough the drain... thanks for the idea.

And yes, I would still have some beads in there with the Hydra or Oasis. at least a half pound, but ideally 1 pound.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
oh, and keep beads just over the sealed drain, because you will get a few drops in there every now and again...

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a 48 bottle unit and no longer use a Oasis. I now just use beads and 2 computer fans that run about 15 minutes every hour and the unit stays at 65 deg. 65% humidity.
When I had the Oasis I was getting lot's of condensation on the back wall. To me the fans were the hot ticket! My unit is not a Thermoelectric.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
+1 for the computer fans. they are the deal. I am able to run a 3 inch fan off of the same power supply as the hydra. I purchased the external fan kit for the small hydra and was able to splice the bigger fan in. I really rarely use the hydra itself. I just run the fan with 1.5 pounds of beads. I am in process of reworking the whole setup for timers and thermostat. I am running fan manually right now.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
+1 for the computer fans. they are the deal. I am able to run a 3 inch fan off of the same power supply as the hydra. I purchased the external fan kit for the small hydra and was able to splice the bigger fan in. I really rarely use the hydra itself. I just run the fan with 1.5 pounds of beads. I am in process of reworking the whole setup for timers and thermostat. I am running fan manually right now.
Here you go. This timer will allow you to turn the fan off and on 20 times a day on sale for $9.98 delivered.

Intermatic Digital Lamp Timer

But hurry this will only last on sale for another 14 hours.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
My vino is full. I mean take 2 boxes out and it takes a hour to remember how to get everything back in. Im not bragging but my point is this. Right now i can leave the door open for 5 mins the rh will hit 40%. with 2 pound of beads and 20 mins later bam 65%. Imo a pound or 1.5 is all you need unless your running the unit 24 hrs a day in the desert.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
My vino is full. I mean take 2 boxes out and it takes a hour to remember how to get everything back in. Im not bragging but my point is this. Right now i can leave the door open for 5 mins the rh will hit 40%. with 2 pound of beads and 20 mins later bam 65%. Imo a pound or 1.5 is all you need unless your running the unit 24 hrs a day in the desert.
sounds like it's time for a second wine cooler, or at least 120 qt cooledor...

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Not the desert here but my pad has no insulation (it is a rental and they are waiting for someone to buy the land htis house is on) cracks around doors and windows so depending on the weather it is either cold and dry or warm/hot and humid, and yes the outside weather effects the inside of my house

This is the hydra I ended up with http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=838309
So can you refill the water cartridge if so why do they sell refill cartridges?

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
cause after 3 or 4 fills of the same cartridge it's safe to get a new one because of the foam inside it will become less absorbent, thus, less effective...

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Sweet.
Thanks for that picture... gonna do the same as you, but the oasis has a plug on the side, that way I can keep it flat against the back.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Sweet.
Thanks for that picture... gonna do the same as you, but the oasis has a plug on the side, that way I can keep it flat against the back.