What's new

Oregon Scientific

Patch58

Hospital Slave Labor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I got an Oregon Scientific wireless unit and have had trouble getting accurate readings. It's consistently reading an 8-10% lower humidity than the hyrgometer I have in my humidor. I know the one in the humidor is accurate b/c I calibrated it using a humidipack. Also, I tried calibrating the wireless unit with the humidpack and it didn't get to the 65% stated on the humidpack. Any thoughts? Thanks

Pendaboot

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a very disappointing time with digital hygrometers until the adjustable ones that you can calibrate came out. I switched to all adjustable, and whenever I have my doubts about a reading I recalibrate it.

The problem with the older technology is that there is nothing you can do when you discover it is off. The common knowledge is to just add or subtract however much it is off. The problem is that I have a science background, and nothing I have ever read convinces me that when a hygro is off the adjustment will be a linear one. For all I know these things work off a logarithmic scale and that is anything but linear. Speaking to vendors never gave me a satisfying answer to this crucial question. Now, you can just buy adjustable hygros and don't worry about it.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have the OS with 3 wireless remote units, they are dead on as calibrated by the Extech and Set n Forget. I don't think they are adjustable. Try calibrating again leave both unit in a sealed container for 24-48 hrs. If the OS are still off you're probably going to have to return them.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have and Oregon Scientific, with 2 sensors. and a third from radio shack. the two O.S. sensors are dead on, the Radio Shack one is off several points.
I have never had any problems with O.S. equipment. I have had two stations. All worked great.

Patch58

Hospital Slave Labor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone, I'm going to try to calibrate them again. I will let you know how it goes.