What's new

Organizing the Humis...

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
In the middle of reorganizing the humis, labeling cigars I need to label, and doing other random stuff. I haven't found any of those "oh, ya" cigars, but I'm sure I will. When was the last time you organized your humi, and I mean more than playing tetris?

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Few weeks back, but I have a spread sheet with every stick in my humi listed with details of size, age etc.
Man you are orginized. I have some full boxes that I write the date I purchased on the bottom, but I have still gotten into the habit of labeling and dating the singles I put in. I know I should but the time, I just don't have that much time to spend on it.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Well. I started listing mine on a spreadsheet this weekend. What a pain in the ass. But, it's good to know and somewhat pleasant to find out what great sticks you have. Kinda like going back through old photos.

I tried using the paper bands from heartfelt and they come unglued. Funny, this seems to be a metaphore that follows me everywhere.

Any ideas on keeping these bands on? I thought of a small peice of tape. But did not want any contaminants in the humi.

SGT13

No one gets out alive
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I received a couple of nice sticks from Fox. His bands were holding well. You might check with him.

Sarge :bangbang:

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Well. I started listing mine on a spreadsheet this weekend. What a pain in the ass. But, it's good to know and somewhat pleasant to find out what great sticks you have. Kinda like going back through old photos.

I tried using the paper bands from heartfelt and they come unglued. Funny, this seems to be a metaphore that follows me everywhere.

Any ideas on keeping these bands on? I thought of a small peice of tape. But did not want any contaminants in the humi.

I found that to be the case also, so I wrap the band around the cigar, then put a small label on where the band comes together with the description on that...works like a charm. It's easy to do the labels on the computer so you have them all nice and neat with no hand writing.

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
One thing I've found is that you have to curl the band up before you put it on. I've also heart of some people putting a dab of pectin glue on the band.

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I try and change the cello on my cigars at least once a month.
And I try to re-wrap my cigars every year! I think it gives the tobacco time to air out. I've been waiting to hear from you on that !:hammersma

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I organize my singles as I put them in my humidor; boxes just go in as they are. It's kinda self-organizing that way.

I do have to play Tetris quite frequently tho. :grin:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Most are in boxes or blank cedar boxes from Cigarmony. All my stuff is in coolers or the wine cooler so I do very little rearrangement. The singles and extras are labeled already and are on one cedar tray or in the overflow Tupperdor.

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0

i did this just recently, documenting, labeling (CA ratings, DOP, Box dates, etc.) but with all the bombs and passes i cannot keep up. If only i can develop a bar code system where when I pull out a stick i can just scan it and it will be updated.

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I got it done, and now I have dedicated CC and NC boxes. Until recently I didn't have the CCs or room to do things that way. I pretty much have an NC cooler and a CC cooler, too.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
i did this just recently, documenting, labeling (CA ratings, DOP, Box dates, etc.) but with all the bombs and passes i cannot keep up. If only i can develop a bar code system where when I pull out a stick i can just scan it and it will be updated.
I've been wanting to do something like this too with my stash, but i just can't seem to find the time. It would be nice to be that organized though