What's new

Original Woodstock

Where you at the first Woodstock?

• Total voters

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I actually had a chance to go. However, I got a chance to travel through Mexico with a couple of friends, for the entire month of August, 1969. All three of us took the Mexico trip instead. We had a blast and never regretted going south instead of heading to NY.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Got drafted 2 days before the event. Had tickets!! Six of my friends went. One got pregnant. Dennis Bellanger, played base for Grand Funk early on, was in my platoon in basic. Talk about bad timing!!!!:peace: :dunno: :usaflag:

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I was 18 and getting ready for college. On the preppie side so I had no desire to go. However, in my first couple of months at school, I deeply discovered sex, drugs and rock n' roll. Made the replay at Watkins Glen in '73. It is a blur to this day. Nobody was cognitive enough to take any pictures. There was a lot of rain, pyromaniacs and naked people walking around.....The Dead, The Band, Allman Bros., EL&P, Deep Purple, Rare Earth, Eagles......back then, this was not a spectacular lineup except for the first three.

We were about 600,000 drug crazy, motherhuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, I never tell my kids these stories.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Damn there are 30 of us that didn't go. That's amazing, back in the day everyone you asked that question of replied "Oh I was there, man", I figured the entire east coast was there except for me. I would have loved to have seen Cocker, Jimi, Janis, CCR, The Band, Santana, The Who and even Country Joe all in one weekend. Looked like one hell of a party.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
BOTLs seem to be more honest. In a general crowd my age it seemes like everyone was there. :laugh:

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
356   0   0
nice bump! some pretty amazing stories. bummer for boppa, and how cool to go to mexico for a month in 69! no problemo!! thanks!!