What's new

Partagas Aristocrats

sogon

El Capitan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't go into an aficionado's rant, mostly because I'm not one. Just a fan, but to put my notes into perspective I will say that I am quite fond of Partagas as rule.
I've been searching for the ultimate cheap CC for daily consumption. I believe that search is now over. The Aristocrats have a big flavor in a small reasonably priced cigar. Classic Partagas flavor, a little milder than some of the bigger vitolas but this definitely has the flavor and experience of smoking a more expensive cigar. For any fans of Partagas looking for some inexpensive daily CCs I highly recommend this, much more so than the Mille Fleur from either Partagas or RyJ.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
HMMM never had one, but the price is right. I may be looking into these in the future. Thanks for the review.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
sogon, have you tried the Shorts? The price is only slightly higher and you will you give up about 1" in length compared to the Aristocrat. Shorts are superb.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
sogon, have you tried the Shorts? The price is only slightly higher and you will you give up about 1" in length compared to the Aristocrat. Shorts are superb.
Very good advice.

sogon

El Capitan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't tried the shorts yet, but I will. I have heard that they have that "BIG" Partagas flavor profile despite the small package. I'm going to Barcelona tomorrow so maybe I'll grab a box there or at the airport.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I haven't tried the shorts yet, but I will. I have heard that they have that "BIG" Partagas flavor profile despite the small package. I'm going to Barcelona tomorrow so maybe I'll grab a box there or at the airport.
Excellent. Let us know how you like them. The '05 vintage is very good, readily available and smoking nicely now. Shorts definitely have the big flavor and, IMHO, are the best of the small cigars.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Thanks for the review....Very nice
Aristrocrats are a great smoke. This was one of my very first boxes about 16 years ago! (I still have the box stored away :) I have been thinking about getting another box now that I have a decent humidor with which to age them. I agree that the price is right.....Another great valued CC is the ERDM Choix Supreme...IMHO, much better than a Cohiba Robusto, and about 1/3 the $$$!!

Happy smoking, all :)

sogon

El Capitan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap!!!

The Shorts are friggin excellent. I don't really know what to say, these are really really good, much better than I was expecting. They really are much better than the Aristocrats, this is a no compromise small cigar, perfect.

Thanks so much for turning me on to these. I would have never thought to grab these.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Holy crap!!!

The Shorts are friggin excellent. I don't really know what to say, these are really really good, much better than I was expecting. They really are much better than the Aristocrats, this is a no compromise small cigar, perfect.

Thanks so much for turning me on to these. I would have never thought to grab these.
Glad you liked them. . .:smile: Shorts are a superb value in Cuban cigars.

Deemancpa

Hook'em Horns
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what's the verdict?For those who have tried the Aristocrats and the Shorts? Seemed to get off topic........Never had the Aristocrat, I have the Short, just a little to harsh for me.