What's new

Plastic Wrapper

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

If i purchase some single sticks or a sampler pack where each cigar is wrapped in a plastic tube should i leave them all in their plastic, remove the wrapper, or does it matter?
I plan on storing all in a small 50ct humidor at present.

I've been reading tons of good info on all sorts of threads some from many years ago....maybe i missed this question?

Thanks.

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
:eyepoke: It's whatever you prefer. No joke. Do you fondle your sticks often? If so, I would keep the cello on :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i do like a good fondle but not often enough that I think it would be an issue. Thank God i got a humidor with a glass top or i think i would have to disturb them much more often.
Is their any concern mixing mild with full body?

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
If they come in cello I leave them In the cello. I love pulling them out and seeing that yellow from the age. I have a lot of singles so I keep them that way so the flavors don't mingle as much. Depending on who you ask it slows the aging but IMHO it is designed to age and breath in the cello.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Ok, I just had to get that out. As for your question, there is no right or wrong answer. Some people prefer to take the cellophane off, as they think it looks better and speeds aging. Some people prefer to leave the cello on to protect the cigars and provide a very slight "buffer" from small temp and RH changes.

I leave mine on, partly for protection, but mostly because I'm lazy.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
All cello comes off my cigars before entering the humidor. I dislike cello with a passion. Kind of an odd thing but it always angered me. But like the other gents said its really a preference thing. I love how they look in the humidor butt nekked'. :)

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is a question that has been asked so many times and will continue to be asked by those who are new to the hobby. For those who know what they like to do with product in cello there is that call to groan about it because it's been asked so many times.

Advantges to leaving cello/plastic on cigars: helps in keeping your cigars in good condition if you like to rummage around your humidor.
Disadvantages tends to keep the cigar from getting RH in a timely manner...cello slows down the process.

What a lot of BOTL will do is cut both ends of the cello so that the cigar is exposed to the inside elements of the humidor. I like the idea of putting my cigars in my humidor totally naked but when I do that it seems that the wrapper ends up getting abused or torn...so now I just cut the ends off when I get them and if they come naked I ensure they are treated with more respect.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for drudging it up....thanks none the less for the answers.
i was certain it had to have been asked but i never thought to search cellophane
holy cow when you do that, you sure get some answers.