What's new

Possible humidor project in progress

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have been "remodeling" my bedroom lately and throwing out a bunch of old stuff. I have had a lock box I made just for the heck of it a few years ago and I figure I would add to it and try to make it look better, line it with some black felt to make it soft inside and add trim, handles. But as I am fixing it up I am thinking I might put some cedar inside and make it a humidor. But I will have to do some research because I do not know if I can just glue cedar in there are call it a humidor and I might have problems with it sealing properly.

But what do you think? Should I convert it into a humidor, or maybe just store cutter, lighters, etc.?

Pics:

By the way this is project is not finished.

Sorry the pics are so small, I tried to fix it but oh well. And I forgot to take a before picture to compare it to the after.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I can’t see the pictures, but……..you wil need to seal all the corners with some type of no smell caulk, or silicon. Be sure to wipe excess off and let dry thoroughly. Then build a floating box inside that box. No need to affix it to the structure, you need to give the wood room to expand. Of course you’ll have to find a way to get a decent seal around the lid. Maybe some weather stripping of some kind or a foam tape on the inside. Also what is it lined with now? If it is aromatic cedar for moth prevention, you need to remove all of that type cedar first. Again I cannot see the pics…but that info is basic when converting a box to a humi.