What's new

Q: About cigar oasis xl.

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Hey guys, I've had my Cigar Oasis XL running in my large cabinet for a while now. I replaced the foam with water absorbing beads when i first got it and have had no problems with it at all. Keeps everything at 65% +/-1 throughout the humi with the help of some humi beads in various locations. Just recently I did two things...refilled the CO with more water (been doing this once every couple month or so) and added a decent amount of new cigars. My digital readout on the CO controller has always matched up with my separate digital hygrometer I have in there. All of a sudden on a really humid day just after doing what i mentioned previously the humidity spiked on the CO readout to 70+. My separate digital hygrometer went up a little bit but only to about 67%-69% and now has come back down after that humid day and adding some dry beads. Problem is the CO readout is still at 70% +/-1. I can get it to go down by opening the cabinet but seems like it shoots right back up when closed. Anyone else had this problem or know how to/if you can calibrate the CO? Any help appreciated, thanks!!

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I would'nt worry about it. As long as you have a REAL hygrometer, I would go by whatever that one reads. I had the oasis set up in my coolidor and it worked perfect, however I never went by what the reading was on it. I used it as a way to add humidity and never used it as a way to read humidty, thats what the pros are for.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Sounds like the cigars you put in there were a bit over humidified and it might take a few days to a week or so to stabilize. Beads take some time to work, I personally wouldn't worry about it.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have the Cigar Oasis XL. Ive had mine for about 1 year. I have never worried about the reading on the actual unit. I have several hygrometers in the end table humi its in and they all read 65. The CO is usually right in that neighborhood, within 2-3 degrees, but never right on. I have the original foam in there. I also have two different bead cases in there that are set to 65. I have never had humidity issues with this setup. I wouldnt worry if I were you. As long as the hygrometer readings are what you expect Id say youre good. The CO has calibration settings. If you want it to slow down just crank up the humidity base point so its not running all the time and things settle a bit.

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Thanks guys I will just follow my digi! Yea i just think its weird that all of a sudden the digital hygrometer and the CO readout are off although they are right next to each other and were pretty close before.