What's new

Question about Cigar Oasis

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I have a Cigar Oasis XL in a 150 count desktop that comes on for about 10 seconds every 7 minutes. It seems like too frequent but I don't know what it should be. Does that sound normal? I placed a 69% Boveda in there to assist it last week but the frequency hasn't changed.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
that does sound like a lot.

it really comes down to how well the desktop seals. the better the seal, the less the oasis will run. as long as the desktop is staying at your desired humidity level, the oasis is doing its job. it just needs to work harder if you have a leaky desktop

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
that does sound like a lot.

it really comes down to how well the desktop seals. the better the seal, the less the oasis will run. as long as the desktop is staying at your desired humidity level, the oasis is doing its job. it just needs to work harder if you have a leaky desktop
RonC was the person I posted my first question too, way back when I started on here. He helped me seal a humi that didn't seal well. He told me to use the dollar bill trick.

Sorry Ron had to throw and advertisement for you in there.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
CO's run more when low on water also.

I dig all the foam out of the cartridge and replace with SAP's (Super Absorbant Polymers) these little sob's hold a lot of water and prevent spliing and/or ruining the CO if knocked over.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Dollar bill doesn't budge and I just installed a new water cartridge. Should the bottom of the humidor be sealed? Mine is unfinished which I think would act as a wick leeching moisture from the unit.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
the CO will compensate for a poorly made desktop, but its just going to run a lot. in a leaker, no other humidification will work as good as the CO. upgrade your humidor when you cant live with it anymore.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I heard wineadors have a problem getting up to 69-73 RH.

no reason that it would not hold that humidity if it had to... Mine was at 71 for about a week till it came down after adding 2 pounds of 60% beads...
If it's a sealed environment, you can get any humidity level you need in there.