What's new

Question about drawers for wineador

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
So I'm looking into Johns woodworks for some drawers. The false bottom drawer is what my question is about. I would assume that on the bottom is where I will be putting my beads for humidification. I would also assume that you would have to pull that drawer out to refill the beads. Would it not be easier to have a regular double drawer on the bottom for ease of access? Does anyone have a regular double drawer on the bottom? If so could you post picks so I can see what it looks like. Would that leave to much of an open void in the bottom of the wineador if done this way?

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
The bottom drawer has a false front. i.e. the front of the drawer is cut lower ton conceal the extra space. The beads/Kitty litter would sit on the bottom of the cooler and the false front drawer would conceal it. You would have to remove the bottom drawer to access the humidification. A regualr double drawer would probably make it easier to get at the humid container, but would not conceal it. An aesthetic choice more than anything.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
One of the issues you would run into trying to have a double drawer bottom vs. the false front is the drawer slides.

Since the drawer rail is on the bottom of each drawer the false front drawer is using the lowest groove. There is no groove on very bottom of unit. You could make a drawer without rails, but then you would have to match it somehow to the lowest drawer with rail. Also said made drawer could be fairly sloppy to operate since its not riding on any rails.

Just a thought.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Here's what you are looking for Jeremy. That false front extends down a tad over 1.25" so replacing it with a regular double drawer leaves you room to access but very little. I use the bottom of a box to hold beads and I don't know that I'd want to try and pull it out without just taking out the drawer (with my fat fingers), and I do have a false front drawer. It's really not a problem to just putt the drawer - you should not be doing it that often, but here's what it looks like with a regular drawer in the bottom track.
IMG_20141112_243905_501.jpg

Hope that helps. If you're concerned about air flow then that may be a reason to do it, but otherwise it's easy to pull the drawer when you need to. But it is a better look with the false front. Just my 2 cents.
Tony

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
That is exactly what I was looking to see. Thank you WNYTONY. I agree from seeing pics with the false front drawer compared to this, that the false front is the way to go.