What's new

Question about Edgestar temperature control

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those using the Edgestar units, does the temp control operate based on an internal thermometer, or does it just increase/decrease power to the unit? I've noticed that the VinoTemp's have a digital temperature setting but the Edgestar only has a colder/warmer controller. My question is will the Edgestar vary considerably as the ambient temperature goes up and down? Does the Vinotemp do any better with the digital control?

Also, can anyone using the 16 and 18 bottle Vinotemps tell me how many boxes they fit in their units and/or what the internal dimensions are?

Thanks for your help : )

klipsch

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
From what I can tell the Vinotemp "may" have a more sophisticated temp control than the EdgeStar. But for the difference in price between the two I couldn't justify spending more, when you get the same end result. My EdgeStar holds a constant 65-68 degrees in a room that varies 73-82 degrees. I know people that have had issues with the smaller Vino's and have found any support to be basically none existent. The company that produces EdgeStar may be exactly the same, but I haven't read of anybody having problems as of yet.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
If you turn the knob up to colder it will produce more fan speed against the peltier cooler. When it reaches the thermostat reading it will slow down. I have mine on low at all times(warmer) and it stays at 68 degs. Hope this helps. I would get a Vino28 off craigslist gently used. 100 should be a good "set" price. Use Craiglook for craigslist.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just so happened to find a Vino 28 gently used on Craigslist yesterday for $125...