What's new

Question about 'use every time' solutions

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, got a lot of information from this site and I must say thx!

One question that I can't seem to find an answer to is: what exactly is the 'use every time' humidifier solution made of? I know you're supposed to charge the humidifier with 50/50 solution the first time, then use distilled water. It seems like the use every time solution would naturally be a diluted mixture? (because if you kept on using 50/50, and only the water evaporates, wouldn't the balanced be way tipped towards the glycol by the second+ times?). Anyone have any more insight on this?

I'm asking this cause I made an impromptu tubberdor and I figured I could just wet some paper towel with the solution to get a 70%ish environment. I stuck a hygrometer in there cause I was curious, and it was reading high 80s-90s. Makes me thing the solution is much more water than glycol...

Would this mean the use every time solution has a certain 'sweet spot' time period where the residual glycol is exactly 50/50 with it's water content??

Yeah, I'll probably get beads after I'm done with the bottle, but I don't want to just toss it...

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
the old industry standard was charge with 50/50. then just use distilled to recharge.

now the industry standard seems to be a 90% distilled water/10% pg mix that you just use every time you recharge your humidifier. the previous owner of Madelaine put some $ into research, and this mix over the long haul works better than the 50/50. Xikar, Madelaine, Cigar Caddy and others all use this mix.