What's new

Question re: airflow

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Are auxiliary fans really needed in a winedor? Fans aren't used in desktop humidors (even large ones) and I've seen plenty of coolidor setups without them.

I am having pretty good luck IMO (within 2-3%) of maintaining the RH in my 2 winedors with just having the blower fan running.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

Rating - 98%
52   1   0
Do you guys think where I place my fan relative to the beads matters... I was gonna have the fan like an inch above my beads blowing upwards, but im worried that might somehow make them dry out too fast?

aroma

Luva Sweet Easy Retrohale
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Edgestar 28 with a pound of Hertfelt beads in the bottom and half a pound near the top, no fans, and I don't run the refrigeration (the room is temp-controlled). The digital hygrometers I keep at the top and bottom rarely differ by more than 1% and never by more than 2% (i.e., the RH is uniform, within the accuracy of the hygrometers).

Rating - 98%
52   1   0
CMac told me on a different thread that it did matter and it would somehow dry them out quicker... I'm gonna try with just one fan in the top of the unit and see how my humidity is throughout the unit and go from there I guess