What's new

Questions on the Avallo 2000 Cooled

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hi Ron,

I've been looking around at upgrades to my current setup and concluded that an Avallo would be the best logical step. It's a no-brainer.
From my research against Avallo and Aristocrat, wine fridges and walk-ins, the Avallo makes the most sense. Mainly because I don't want to get an ugly 5 foot wine fridge or have the space for a walk-in (which I would have to air condition).

This won't happen for a while, but I'd like to get all my ducks in a row before pulling the trigger.
I currently have a wineador that's quite full and preventing me from buying more cigars (I guess that's good...maybe). I have noticed that it's always producing condensation. This obviously reduced RH so I have installed some fans to help circulate the the water that's caught in the tray at the bottom of the 'dor. This is quite unreliable and needs constant monitoring and adjusting as the weather changes, but most of the time it holds temp around 65f and RH at 63-67%.

I have a few questions about the A2k Cooled. Please consider that I live in Sydney, Australia and our winter temps drop to (only) 17c indoors and hit 35-45c+ in Summer (I usually turn on the AC around 30-32c).

1. How much condensation does the Avallo 2000 Cooled produce in warm to hot environments?
  2. How is that condensation managed/handled?
  3. Will the Avallo and Acumonitor run on 240v?
  4. What's the shipping size and weight of this unit (3 full extension sliding shelves and 1 full sliding drawer, 4 canisters)?
  5. During shipping, is it on a pallet crate? (such as this: http://tinyurl.com/3kdoqpx)
  6. Is it possible to have the Acumonitor housed external to the Avallo? I recall seeing some people doing this. I ask this because the Cooled unit has a solid door instead of glass and you won't be able to see the %/F levels without opening the door. Maybe like this http://tinyurl.com/3tmvo6s
  7. Are the cooled units available with glass doors? If so, is the glass similar to that you find on wine fridges (they have some degree of thermal resistance, helping to keep temps more constant).
  8. I was trolling the Avallo forum (as you do when researching a product) and found this thread with LEDs. Are these available as an option?

I think that covers all the things I wanted to ask for now.
Appreciate your time in answering all the above!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hasan,

I have this exact same unit and it works like a charm. As far as condensation goes I have witnessed exactly zero condensation even in the summer months when temps in my condo can hit as high as 30-33c. The RH does spike during heat waves, however this can usually be solved with more beads being added into the unit.

Good luck with your cabinet, Matt and Ron are a pleasure to work with.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Matt is checking into shipping charges, so please be patient.

condensation can be little too nothing, or more, it really depends on conditions of the roomk or house that it is in. Any problems can be solved.

you will need a converter

comes on a pallet

we have done external mounting of the control on humidity only cabinets, will check into the cooled version

Matt didnt bother with the LED lighting because you can go to a home store and get a cheap alternative

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ron,

I had similar questions to Hasan. I would appreciate it if you could answer these.

1) My apartment can get pretty hot in the summer months (95F while I'm not home. My understanding with thermoelectric cooling is that the ambient temperature shouldn't be more than 20F more than the cooled unit. If I intend to keep my cigars at 65F/65%, with thermoelectric work, since the Avallo 2000 Cooled is thermoelectric.
2) Also, I travel a fair bit, so I'm looking for a "set and forget" thermostat. Does the Cooled version allow you to set the temperature from the outside at 65F?
3) Does the Avallo 2000 Cooled come in a glass door version, as well? I know that the thermal resistance of the unit will change with a glass door, so I'm not sure if that's even feasible.

Much appreciated!!