What's new

quick and easy box storage (Temporary)

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
So here's my dilemma: I've got a NewAir on backorder with no idea when it's going to arrive. I've got a cooler full pretty much to capacity. And, because @JonHuber keeps turning out stupid good cigars, I have 4 more boxes inbound in the next month. I was really hoping the New Air would be here, but it looks like that's not going to happen. So I'm looking suggestions for temporary storage for a few boxes until my wine cooler gets here. Is Tupperware the best bet? Big Old Ziplocks with Bovedas? Any ideas welcome.

Thanks!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
really depends on how long you think youre looking at back order..

the new boxes from CH should come sealed in cellophane.. that is going to help keep things inside stable..

If youre looking at another couple of weeks or so.. a gallon zip lock with a boveda in there would likely do just fine.. youre in connecticut.. not south west arizona.. and its late spring/early summer.. im going to guess your ambient RH is in the 40's or higher right now?

Between the cellphone, ziplock, and a boveda.. you should be able to keep those boxes just fine for several weeks... if/when the boveda looks like its drying out.. throw in another one..

That said.. tupperware isnt expensive.. and always works for back up expansion storage in the future if you dont mind making the investment....

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I would go the Tupperware route if I already had it on hand. If I didn't already have it on hand I would go the ziplock bag route.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This is what I'm using for a bit, while I'm waiting on drawers to season from John, they should be here in a week or so... Had to be prepared

Tupperware with Mimi kitty litter and my HCM beads on top of the basket upside down... Seems to be holding 64-65 perfect

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Well, given the Las Calaveras delay and some incredible (if I do say so myself) box Jenga, I should be ok. My NewAir will be here Tuesday. Figure it'll be ready for sticks by the weekend.

Thanks all for the suggestions!