What's new

Raving Fan of the Accurite Hygrometer

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone who doesn't know about these (unlikely but you never know).

I know there are a lot of hygrometers out there that people swear by, even the good old analog ones have their fans. I personally landed on what I think is the perfect balance in a hygrometer when I first started and it is still a valued staple in my set up. The Accurite hygrometer available at Home Depot/Walmart/lowes is a tough one to beat (with one small....or....not so small exception).

This thing is cheap (~$9), it is easy to find locally, it is simple to use, it gives you good detailed information (current Temp and Humidity as well as 24 hour High and Low), batteries last a long time and depending on which model you get it is versatile on placement. Its only real knock is its size. It is definitely on the larger size coming in at roughly 2 decks of cards stacked on top of each other. Although I do have one in my little 50 count humi (my on deck circle box) magnetically attached to the lid where the puck was (have black ice pie's in the corners).

I think my favorite thing about it is the 24hr high/low for both temp and humidity. This lets me know if my humi is well acclimated or if it is still moving moisture around and can also indicate when a big batch of new sticks have settled down.

If your in the market for a hygrometer it is worth checking it out. Here they are on amazon. The first one I found at walmart and the second one I found at home depot.

http://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-00325-Comfort-Monitor-Black/dp/B004K8RF10/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450275827&sr=8-1&keywords=accurite+hygrometer

http://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-00613A1-Indoor-Humidity-Monitor/dp/B0013BKDO8/ref=pd_sim_201_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51enRFUnxXL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=1F75W4PN6HV822V12BEZ

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No you can't. I have heard some people have had issues with accuracy but both of mine are rock solid when isolated with a boveda pack.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good call Atison! I have had great results with the Accurite Hygrometers. They are a bit bulky compared to those designed for tabletop humidors. The price is right and they are readily available. I have picked them up at Walmart and Lowes.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Been using these for 6 years now.....they either are DNO or they aren't and when I bought mine I bought about a dozen of them....3 were off by about 3% so I took them back and got 3 more and they were (dead nutts on) so for what usually can cost about $100 for one good hygrometer I got a dozen of of them and they all work to perfection. I only need to put a new battery in maybe once a year.