What's new

Recent Hygrometer Calibration

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I got a new 4 pack Boveda holder a couple weeks ago and went to 4 65 packs from 2 69's. At the same time I changed out the battery and recalibrated my Xikar hygro using the Boveda kit. After about 40 hours the hygro was reading 3 points low and so I re calibrated. Over the next few days it was reading 68 in my tupperdor which was where it was sitting with the 69 packs. After about a week it was still reading 68 and I would have thought it would have come down some by then with the 65 packs. I was curious so I threw the hygro back in the cal kit bag. After about 30 hours it was reading 2 ticks high. I then tried to cal again and realized that it won't let you without first removing the battery. I just found it odd that the cal changed that quickly with a brand new battery and I think with a brand new battery you need to wait a day or 2 to cal or re cal again after 2 days. After removing the battery again and letting sit it was reading 1 tick low vs 3 the first time. After calibrating the 2nd time, it has been sitting at 66 the last few days which is much closer t where it should be. Just thought I would share. Maybe it was just this battery, I don't know.

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I am calibrating a new hydrometer as we speak and you make me wonder if I should install a new good battery instead of the one that it came with(cheapie) I feel a good battery will last longer and power it a little better.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I stopped trying to calibrate the hygrometer, and just do the quick math. +3 to the desktop, -1 to the tupperdor.