What's new

Recommendations on humidification

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I am looking to keep my cigars at 65% humidity in a walk in that I am building. The measurements are 5 feet wide by 8 feet long by 8 feet tall (5x8x8). I am planning on adding a Reverse Osmosis system to be plumbed into the humidor at a later date. So having a humidifier with the capability to be filled that way would be nice but now a must. Looking for any suggestions or how to's

Thanks for all the help in advanced

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I assume that you are looking for a system that will work well until you get the reverse osmosis system installed?

If so, you can get a small room humidifier that you will refill by hand. You can get an Accumonitor system that will control the room humidifier. Once you have your high end system complete, you can still use the same Accumonitor to control your autofill humidifier.

Here is a pic with a brief explanation

in the pic, you have the accumonitor and the room humidifier. The Accu plugs into the wall outlet as normal. A power cable that has a shutoff built in gets plugged into the wall outlet. The other end of the power cable is attached to the accu via that small green box on the side of the Accu. Your room humidifier gets plugged into the power cord (near the wall outlet). The accumonitor now opertaes the room humidifer. If the room humidifier craps out, you just buy another, and plug it back in. If the Accu craps out, send it back for repairs, and you still have your room humidifier. Its a real easy system to use, and you can upgrade your system without buying a new Accumonitor.

Last edited: