What's new

remember "the Sherman"?

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
there used to be a travel humidor company called "the sherman". they produced travel humis based on Pelican Case. They closed up, and since then, prices have dropped drastically. They were the originals, and prices were about double of what they are today.

anyway, they had a BIG travel humi that held 144 cigars, and it sold for $330.00. Here it is...http://www.thesherman.com/cigartravelhumidor144model.html .

anyway, due to some good connections that I have made, it looks like I can retail a similar case with foam cigars trays, and Bovedas for quite a bit less $.

I also have a 77 cigar model in the works that will sell for about $90 - $100

just figured i would tell you guys about a couple of new items in the works.

Last edited:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
....I always wanted the Sherman 144 cigar model and when I finally told myself "what the hell get one" they were out of business. Please keep us posted on both models Ron.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
only 144??

:laugh:

I'll definitely pass the info around the firepit out here, Ron. I'm sure there will be interest with all these cigar smokers I'm deployed with!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Tobii, you're just a damn showoff! :stretchgr

Be safe over there and let's get together for a cigar and beer or two when you get back my friend! :cbig:

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
only 144??

:laugh:

I'll definitely pass the info around the firepit out here, Ron. I'm sure there will be interest with all these cigar smokers I'm deployed with!
those big cases are sweet, would like to see how many cigar trays will fit in those

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
looks like the 144 case is a go. more details later tonight.

the sherman came with a green foam humidifier which i am sure that nodbody will use. should i provide bovedas? or just sell the case and trays on its own and let the customer decidre? or i guess i can offer it both ways.

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
looks like the 144 case is a go. more details later tonight.

the sherman came with a green foam humidifier which i am sure that nodbody will use. should i provide bovedas? or just sell the case and trays on its own and let the customer decidre? or i guess i can offer it both ways.
What would be cool is a humidifier with those beads or those flat sheets made out of the same material.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
those big cases are sweet, would like to see how many cigar trays will fit in those
Beer math here, so accuracy is a +/- using a Pelican 1660...

The way I figured it, you could make one layer of 6 large and 3 small trays...that would stack 17 layers....

51 small trays = 204 sticks
102 large trays = 612 sticks

total would be about 816 sticks.

Now, me being me, I packed a LOT more than that to come over here.

:ccool:

should i provide bovedas? or just sell the case and trays on its own and let the customer decidre? or i guess i can offer it both ways.
Go with both ways. Everyone has their opinion on beads/bovedas/gels/pillows.

cmhicksusmc

Corporal/USMC
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Beer math here, so accuracy is a +/- using a Pelican 1660...

The way I figured it, you could make one layer of 6 large and 3 small trays...that would stack 17 layers....

51 small trays = 204 sticks
102 large trays = 612 sticks

total would be about 816 sticks.

Now, me being me, I packed a LOT more than that to come over here.

:ccool:

Go with both ways. Everyone has their opinion on beads/bovedas/gels/pillows.
Dang Tobii!!!

You really came prepared! I wish i would have planned better im trying to make my last 3 cigars last me until i leave next month. Im stuck with an LX2, Brazilia, and Italia until i can get somewhere to restock or dip into my stash back in Hawaii. Unfortunately we dont have much as far as cigars are concerned in Camp Dwyer. Actually we dont have any at all...Should have really planned ahead for this deployment.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Really interesting threads to follow. Too bad I was looking for these a few years ago! Now that I'm back into the RV, I don't have as much use for a giant travel humidor.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang Tobii!!!

You really came prepared! I wish i would have planned better im trying to make my last 3 cigars last me until i leave next month. Im stuck with an LX2, Brazilia, and Italia until i can get somewhere to restock or dip into my stash back in Hawaii. Unfortunately we dont have much as far as cigars are concerned in Camp Dwyer. Actually we dont have any at all...Should have really planned ahead for this deployment.
I'm on BAF - you want me to throw something together for ya and lob it through MPS?? Let me know!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Get to the gate at Camp Vance here - let the guards know to contact the J-6 NCOIC.

:smokingbo

I'm sure we can come up with something for y'all to help enjoy the a$$pain of Ganci AB in Manas......