What's new

RH beads VS electronic humi

Rating - 80%
4   1   0
so i am currently having my shelves built for my edgestar 28 wineador and planned on using 1.5 lbs of heartfelt 65% beads (1lb in the bottom, and 4oz on each side about half way up) but i came across one of the humi-care electronic humidifiers and was wondering if that would be easier/better/cheaper than using the beads. just curiosity.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Agreed. Ron knows his stuff. There are multiple post on here about beads and thats what i went with also. Another thing is you cant have "too much" beads. I went with 2# in my 28 bottle. Just a thought.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
We live in the same state (when you are home) and not that far from each other, trust me, you don't need active humidification in this climate unless you keep your AC really, really low and running constantly. Even then, probably not.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Good call ... plus beads are cheaper too :thumbsup:

And now you get to go back and forth as to which beads to get lol ...

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
We live in the same state (when you are home) and not that far from each other, trust me, you don't need active humidification in this climate unless you keep your AC really, really low and running constantly. Even then, probably not.
Yeah I have active humidification in all of my humi's but our humidity is usually in the 20% range and even in my avallo I go though a litre or more a month in water. More then I would want to have to rely on Beads for at least. That said I do run beads as well in my humi's that aren't as well balanced as well and rotate them from top to bottom.

Posted via Mobile Device