What's new

Ron Help

Deemancpa

Hook'em Horns
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my question; Can cigars and wine coexist in the same cooler? I have a New Air28 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler. I was thinking of wine on the bottom and cigars on the top with beads on the bottom. This will allow the wine to condense on the beads. Is this logically?

D-

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I personally wouldn't do it and eventually your smokes will fill the whole thing anyway! lol

I have seen pics of people doing just what you are planning on, maybe grab some extra beads to make up for the bottle condensation. The beads should be at the top with the cigars to soak up any moisture at that level. Where does the drain come out on that unit?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I store wine in my walk-in and can't imagine how it could matter having the two together. The wine bottles are not going to condense however; they would have to be colder than the air in the humi. Besides, properly hydrated beads should balance the RH anyway.

Deemancpa

Hook'em Horns
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! twenty5 you're right! Maybe I will have the wife drink all the wine and I'll just keep two or three bottles. Rigtht now, I have 24 bottles.....no idea on the drain plug, need to look closely.