What's new

Rotating stock

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
How often do you guys rotate your sticks in you wineador(s)? I went through mine this am and found a few Headley Granges with mold spots on the wrapper. These were not in cello and were directly touching the Spanish cedar drawer on the bottom of my pile. I believe the issue was air flow in that I had too may stick crammed in there. The winadore never gets above 68% rh and never goes above 65degrees. I believe it was an air flow issue along with no cello being on sticks. These sticks were probably there for about a year.

Anyone ever have this occur? The cigars were wiped down along with drawer and are being monitored in the coolidore now.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
How often do you guys rotate your sticks in you wineador(s)? I went through mine this am and found a few Headley Granges with mold spots on the wrapper. These were not in cello and were directly touching the Spanish cedar drawer on the bottom of my pile. I believe the issue was air flow in that I had too may stick crammed in there. The winadore never gets above 68% rh and never goes above 65degrees. I believe it was an air flow issue along with no cello being on sticks. These sticks were probably there for about a year.

Anyone ever have this occur? The cigars were wiped down along with drawer and are being monitored in the coolidore now.
This thread is an eye-opener to me as I went to check on my "precious ones" as soon as I got in from the airport (relax guys, the wifey's not home otherwise, the sticks would have had to wait). And please forgive me for thread-jacking, but I'd like to add "How ofter do you rotate if you are storing in a Tupperdor?

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I try to roll mine over ever couple of months, but my buying has been so low lately that I seem to naturally churn the stock by simply smoking...

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Singles get religiously plenty rotated twice a mo. , and boxes get turned over flat twice a year , give or take

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Some of my full boxes have never been opened.... With about 6-8 years of aging. If the RH is right . 65-66 you should never have to look.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Never with my boxes unless I need to play some Tetris for a new box or something.

Singles not routinely, but they get shuffled a bit when I'm packing for vacation or digging for something in particular. I'm sure there's some in the bottoms that have never moved.

I do have the bottom of my big humidor lined with a dozen or so Bovedas though. So I'm sure the humidity is stable.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Some people put a small computer fan inside their storage device. Any thoughts on that from anyone?

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
Tbh I tend to rotate mine all the time, accidentally really. Because I like to keep a good count on the sticks I have I tend to open the wineador a lot. But honestly I don't know that it matters. People store long term boxes for aging all the time.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Mine tend to rotate due to my indecision. It's not uncommon for me to dig through a humidor, a cooler, and a wineador before I figure out what I'm smoking that day. I don't think they necessarily move around much and they aren't rotated in a LIFO/FIFO sense, but I get a look at most of the singles at least once a week.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I stopped rotating my stock because quite frankly....it interfered with my OCD. Rotating shouldn't ever be an issue as long as you aren't cramming your humidors/tupperware/coolers/wineadors with cigars. 75% filling any of these is recommended...anything over that and you are just looking for problems. I have two 48 quart coolers at 75% filled for 4 years and have never rotated any of them and they are just as fresh as a loaded diaper. One of the good things about cello is that not only does it protect the wrapper it also keeps it fresh...I cut off the ends of the cello and been doing that for a decade now...not one cigar has had any issues.