What's new

S&D Edgestar 28 sale!

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Be sure to check it when they deliver it. First one they shipped to me the glass door was shattered. A quick call to their customer service and I had a RA and a replacement on the way. They didn't pack the first one with any protection at all. Other than that the one I got is working like a champ. It will fill up a lot faster than you think lol.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Awesome deal. I ordered mine new from them and they shipped it faster than I could have ever wanted.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure to check it when they deliver it. First one they shipped to me the glass door was shattered. A quick call to their customer service and I had a RA and a replacement on the way. They didn't pack the first one with any protection at all. Other than that the one I got is working like a champ. It will fill up a lot faster than you think lol.
Wow... thanks for the heads up!

And you telling me it will fill up faster than I think, is not what I need to hear right now! :nono:

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Been waiting for a deal on these.. This was enough to pull the trigger. We'll see what kind of "damage" it comes with when it arrives. I'm obviously hoping for minimal stuff that worst case, I can paint over.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been waiting for a deal on these.. This was enough to pull the trigger. We'll see what kind of "damage" it comes with when it arrives. I'm obviously hoping for minimal stuff that worst case, I can paint over.
Yeah, def. post some pics of it when it arrives. Hopefully, it will be a very minor dent like I've seen on other members' Edgestar.

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
AmericanSoldier1989 said:
Wow... thanks for the heads up!

And you telling me it will fill up faster than I think, is not what I need to hear right now! :nono:
LOL. Just sayin.... Hope you guys don't have any problems. Like I said, second one was fine and they took care of me so I'm not complaining. Just an FYI to check it out on delivery to save some time IF the ups/fed ex guy had a bad day and threw it around. Lots of guys have bought from them and did not post about any problems. Once you get it set up you will love it! Just out of curiosity what are you planning on using for humidity?

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I had a problem with my first edgestar, it was a scratch and dent. I called them and they said they didn't have any more, so they will just refund my money and let me keep the DOA unit. I eventually got it working, but they still told me to just keep my money for the hassle of having to tinker with it. I really enjoy customer service like that.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. Just sayin.... Hope you guys don't have any problems. Like I said, second one was fine and they took care of me so I'm not complaining. Just an FYI to check it out on delivery to save some time IF the ups/fed ex guy had a bad day and threw it around. Lots of guys have bought from them and did not post about any problems. Once you get it set up you will love it! Just out of curiosity what are you planning on using for humidity?
I plan on using 1.5 lbs. - 2 lbs. of HCM. I'm single with no kids, so what the hell. :assaultri What do you use?

keinreis

BoM Oct '11
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
You guys are correct the open box ones are $119 shipped. I have heard more then one guy have a "scratch and dent" come in really scratched, and dented. I always wait for the open box ones. They do come available frequently. You just have to do a daily check on their site if you are actively looking.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
You guys are correct the open box ones are $119 shipped. I have heard more then one guy have a "scratch and dent" come in really scratched, and dented. I always wait for the open box ones. They do come available frequently. You just have to do a daily check on their site if you are actively looking.
I know one guy that bought it and it was only dented in the back and it popped back out easily.

As long as it functions and looks semi OK I'll be happy. I'm considering repainting it anyway, so i don't give a damn about scratches.