What's new

Salt Test

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Did my salt test from 11:00pm last night, woke up and checked it at 7:30am and
it was reading ( 68.6 / 73% ). Now does that finish the test and take it out now.
Also that means that there would be a ( 2% ) fluctuation, then I would add or
subtract that difference right. I can now put the hydro in the humidor right

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Yes so if you can't calibrate the hygrometer. Then anytime you look at it while in the humi just add 2 to the RH and that will be the correct value. In my opinion though I would leave it in there for about 24hrs to make sure then test is 100% accurate. I just use boveda packs when I do the test cause I know what the pack value is and I just base the hygrometer off of that value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
I do my calibrations in a a Boveda pack designed for that or a heavy duty ziplock. Many hygrometer's can be calibrated and I like to so that while in the bag, then let it sit some more to ensure I'm completely accurate.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heartfelt beads are you saying use them instead of the salt.
But I think i might as well just stay and leave the salt in there i don't
want to change it now. What do you think.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
404   0   0
When I calibrate, I usually give the salt test at least 24 hours just to make sure that everything is stable. I will do it overnight and check the next morning. I will then check it again after dinner that same day. If the reading is the same as it was in the morning then it's good to go. If it is different, I will let it go another 12 hours and then repeat as necessary in 12 hour increments. Once I get two consistent readings I will consider it calibrated.