What's new

Santiago Humidor.... Any thoughts appreciated

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I currently have a wine cooler with about 600 sticks or so in there along with a 300 ct desktop. My wife decided to buy this humi, Santiago end table 700ct, for my birthday. I am perfectly happy with the vino temp but she thought I could display them and make it a part of our home rather than a hidden in the back room deal.... VERY NICE of her. Love that woman.
So I get the delivery and humi has a few issues. Locks dont work, one handle is a bit off kilter. No deal breakers in my book. Bigger issue is a bigger than small (its small but bigger than Id like) gap between the drawer and the cross bar above the drawer. Im worried about it not holding humidity and Id rather not season and go through the whole process with it if its no good.
Long story short..... Anyone have any experience with this humi or drawered humis where a gap around the drawer is unavoidable? Id hate to return it as faulty and buy another to only have the same issue. The gap along with lock issue and handle being askew makes me think my $550 total investment could be better served. btw this thing looks great and I think Id be hard pressed to find something that looks nicer and fits our home decor. (yes I just used decor...)
Thanks for reading and any feedback is welcome.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I should mention I spoke with the owner of the company she bought the humi from and he assured me the thing would hold humidity and would take care of the situation if I had any issues. Also admitted that the locks not working is a known issue, but it dosent say anything about it online and didnt offer a credit of any sort for the issues I have.

Last edited:

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
That really is a nice looking unit. Exactly the kind of furniture/humidor combo that works perfectly displayed in the home.

As for the issue, maybe contact the manufacturer or the retailer where she got it? If the issue noted is the way it's meant to be they should be able to tell you. If not, then get it replaced, without the headache of seasoning it first.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Nice Humi you have there. I would call the company back and ask would they replace the unit after you have seasoned it only to find it doesn't hold humidity? A little weather stripping should do the trick and seal those gaps, but as you said for that money you want something you don't have to modify to work.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks fellas. This is my first humi with drawers and it would seem impossible to get a completely flush close on a drawer. Just wondering what is an acceptable gap.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
In true American way, yes it was made in China. Im assuming they have levels and working locks in China though... :)