What's new

Seasonal Humdidity Changes

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This summer I finished a winedor build and documented elsewhere that my control system is seriously overkill, but hey, it was free. As a byproduct, I get a ton of historic data including when, how long and how often the Peltier cooler and circulation fans ran, inside and outside temp, etc.

Anyway, as I live in a very warm climate and have a spouse that thinks a reasonable summer house temperature is 78 deg. f., I built the system to keep my sticks cool first, humid second.

I use my control system to turn the winedor on and off to keep the sticks cool, HF beads to manage RH. Of course, as has been well documented, when the Peltier cooler ran, the rh dropped dramatically, recovering when off, but on average, I appeared to be holding steady at ~67 rh all summer.

Interestingly, once winter settled in and the house temp dropped (wife likes 68 during the winter), the winedor stopped running as much, and finally at all. As the winedor ran less and less, the rh began to climb settling at 73% or so. Temp inside the winedor stayed pretty much the same, so this is not about temp vs. rh. The Peltier cooler run frequency is the variable.

I let the winedor "air out" until I got back down to 67% and I have been steady for a month.

Being new to winedors, this behavior was new to me. Veterans, is this typical? Were my sticks too moist during the summer?

Thanks,
Trout