What's new

Seasoning a humidor

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Here is the way that I have been seasoning Holts desktop humidors. I have been selling them with Paradigm humidifiers, so first thing i do is soak the Paradigm and mount it in the lid. I have been using the Water Pillows to actually season the humidor. I have been putting 4 soaked Pillows in the bottom of the humidor, and 2 on the tray. I also put a remote hygro in the humi so that i can keep track of the humidity. I keep the humidor closed for 1 week. I have been seeing the humidity climb into the 75 - 80% range. This is a safe range that will not damage your humidor. after 1 week, I open it up, and refill the Paradigm and Water Pillows. I close it for another week. The humidity jumps up much quicker to about 80%. after 1 week, i pull out the Pillows, and its ready to go. I see the humidity go right down to the low 70's. I have about 6 out there that are setup and seasoned the same way. all is good.

dont rush seasoning your humidor. you can keep your cigars in tupperware for a long time. get your desktop perfect before using it. if the humidity is not reaching the high 70's, its not done. if it wont reach the high 70's, then something is wrong. if your humidor has its humidifier and supplemental humidification in it to help season it, it should get to over 70. if it doesnt hit 70, its going to drop far and fast once you remove the supplemental humidification.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
dont rush seasoning your humidor. you can keep your cigars in tupperware for a long time. get your desktop perfect before using it. .
Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!

Please listen to Ron, there is no need to wipe down a humi. Take your time and season it correctly!!!!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
My first humi is ruined due to the pouring 1/4 cup of water in the bottom and wiping the sides method. :angryteet Burns my ass today since now I want a desktop for a drybox.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
best i heard was a guy who submerged the humidor in a tub of water. he was confused between the words "Humidor" and "Humidifier"