What's new

Seasoning a Travel Humi

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
So I now find myself in possession of a small (3 stick) wood travel humidor. I have some questions. Do I need to (and if I do how do I go about it) season it? Is it worth putting any kind of humidity device in it? I'll only be using it when I'm taking sticks with me to smoke somewhere (bar, golf course, friend's house, etc.), otherwise my cigars get stored in the desktop.

Thanks for the advice :thumbsup:.

Dan

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
A lot of them are preaseasoned. It's going to depend case to case. A lot of times the veneer is so thin and the seal is so poor that it's really pointless. Furthermore, unless you plan on keeping cigars in there for weeks, it's not going to make a huge difference. If you have some extra beads or Bovedás it won't hurt, but if your sticks are only going to sit in there for a few hours, I wouldn't worry about it.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
i personally seasoned my small travel humi. I say if it doesnt hurt, why not. i also use beads in there and it doesnt do a bad job maintaining humidity.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Beads or a boveda pack will do the job. I use a boveda pack when travel will be more than a few day sor I am in a very dry climate. Like fraking Phoenix.