What's new

Shipping bag tutorial-

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So I recently recieved my first (of many I hope) arrival's/transactions with BOTL member's this week. dpricenator and Volusianator (thanks fellas) both sent sticks in these cool little shipping bags. Soooooooo, I'm preparing to send my first away and instead of reusing the bag's-thought hey I can do that. I'm the kinda guy who, would rather make it than buy it.

Here we go,

Things you will need

sheet of paper (scrap printer paper)
pencil
straight edge (preferably metal)
plastic bag
handheld solder gun (the cheap ones that work on batteries)

Make your grid on the paper, I spaced mine 1.5" apart. Sandwich your plastic bag between the paper. Then lay your staright edge onto the paper, and draw a straight line down the side of the straight edge with the solder iron. Viola-you have a sweet little shipping bag. I know the bags are cheap, just wanted to share with the brutha's-what can be done if'n you don't have one of those cheap little bags handy at packaging time. :thumbsup:

The 2 below and the smoke aren't necessary to complete the task, but they do make it more enjoyable.:stretchgr

Attachments

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Fucking MacGyver :thumbsup:
That's so fn funny. All my son's buddy's that used to come over to the house, used to refer to me as Mr. McGyver. It seems the word got out about the time I used a leaf blower to unplug a dryer vent system. A few big gulp cup's, some duct tape and a leaf blower-BOOM! C'MON!

It's so bad,the family doesn't even ask when I'm out in the shop. They figure they'll see the finished product eventually. Therapy............

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
More inginuity from Vorra. That is a great idea, and thanks for the tips. I tried it with my wife's Flat Iron that is for her hair and it kind of worked. Then I got yelled at for using it.:stickbeat

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, very nice ingenuity. But I like Vorra's tag better - __________________
“Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty.” Harry Vardon