What's new

Signs of a dry cigar?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a couple of my cigars have been smoking a little dry but not sure. Only stuff that's a few weeks old, not the newer stuff.

Lack of flavor, wrapper a bit hard. Maybe even a bit "crackly"

Newer stuff been smoking great within a couple weeks.

Humi is solid at 65

Should I bump it up to 67?

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Sounds dry, crackling is never a good sound coming from a cigar! IMO, you should do some double checking before changing RH. Make sure your hygro is accurate, your seal is good on your humi, and you are getting good circulation via a fan if it's a larger humi. If it's a smaller desktop, make sure you don't have your humidification device blocked by cigars. Also, it's a good idea to have the hygro not right next to the beads, or whatever you're using. You could find great readings right next to them, but low RH on a different shelf.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
More info is needed,,,,is the RH really at that level? Dry cigars and cracking suggest that the RH is not holding so testing of your humidor ( dollar bill test ) testing of the hygro and then actually leaving your cigars in your humidor for a good length of time. One thing I've learned is that if you have an inferior wood humidor is something that will plague you until it's fixed or replaced. I like tupperware for this reason alone....tupperware has never failed me and I have 15 of them that hold at least 200 cigars and they stay locked in at whatever RH I choose with KL.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the dollar test. Passed front and sides.

I moved the hygro away from the kl and below the lid.

I'll check in the am.

Thanks for the tips.