What's new

Sirius

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Anyone/Everyone have it? Is it worth it? I'm looking into it, but I don't know where the best/least expensive place to get it. And is professional installation worth the extra $40 bucks?

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I found some other posts in the Tech section, but I already know that I want Sirius, now it's just figuring out where and how much to get it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have it. Love it.

My morning commute was absolutely miserable, listening to terrible morning shows, until I got Sirius.

Now I have to force myself to get out of the car and into the office....

90% Howard Stern

10% Music/Sports

I think I got it at Best Buy with installation. You can probably find some good deals out there. The install was worth it for me.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I had XM in my old truck, I do not care for Stern too much. I loved it, the only funny thing was I had a couple hunderd stations to listen to and I seem to olny listen to 5 out of them all.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wife and I both have it and we love it. We also listen online at work and home. Great variety of music and talk programming. Actually have it on now.

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wife and I both have it and we love it. We also listen online at work and home. Great variety of music and talk programming. Actually have it on now.
I'm jealous!! you'd be surpsied how old an Ipod can get, even when you have 1,000 songs on it!

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I really enjoy how you get free online listening with a normal subscription and a choice to upgrade to a better stream rate.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have Sirius and LOVE it!!! I have a radio in my truck, my work car, my wifes car, and one in my trailer that we can bring in our house. As you can see, I can't live without it...I love music and hate wasting time listening to commercials.

Sirius just bought XM so in the future, you should be able to get both services, or an a la carte of channels from either service.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
every nfl game and howard stern. if you're getting it for your car make sure you get one thats built in or that plugs into an auxiliary port, if you have one on your receiver. the sound is much better than using the radio transmitter. 40 is worth the install. sirius is bad ass, use it at home and in both cars.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have XM in one car and Sirius in the other. Sirius is by far the better deal. I have had it for 3 years and love it. I have not even programmed the FM station in the new car because all I listen to is Sirius.