What's new

Smoker's Table

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
So I was poking around CL and came across this interesting table, it has an ashtray and two cigar holders I guess. Any of you guys have any info on something like this? The guy wants short money for it, but I'd like to get some more info before trying to buy it.

Thanks!

Attachments

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
How much? It is exactly what you think it is. A table designed arounf the cigar smoker. Is the interior cabinet lined with copper? It may have been a humidor too. If not, you could seal the interior, and create a small humidor out of the cabinet portion. I would think $100 would be a fair price just by looking at this pic.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
This looks VERY similar to an antique Japanese humidor I saw on ebay several months ago, though I wasn't able to pull up anything in an internet search I do recall that the "cigar holders" were used to keep matches in. Unfortunately I have no idea what the value would be on an item like this, however I do hope it points you in the right direction.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
the guy is asking 30 bucks. I was thinking that if the cab isnt a humi, I would make it one. Also, thanks for the feedback.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
If it's relatively close go take a look at it. For $30 that could make a nice piece, even if it did need some cleaning up. Hard to tell from the pics though.

Dan

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
If it's relatively close go take a look at it. For $30 that could make a nice piece, even if it did need some cleaning up. Hard to tell from the pics though.

Dan
I agree, the pics are gritty at best. I emailed the guy but havent heard back yet. Its probably a 20 minute drive from me. I think I may just get it and fix it up a bit.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I'd say for $30 you simply can't go wrong, especially if it similar to the antique I alluded too earlier
Very true. Plus I am buying a house tomorrow and it has a 3 seasons porch that will be my go to smoking room! Could be a cool piece to have out there.