What's new

So I decided to learn guitar

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Ok, my mom died when I was just a baby but I know she used to play the guitar. I figured it would be a nice tribute to her to learn to play and kept thinking about it over the past 5 years or so. Coming up on my 50th birthday, I kind of figured now would be a nice time to learn.

I have a good friend who is a really good player and also a great teacher (he's done it for years) so he agreed to start working with me on Saturday mornings. It's been a blast, I've had 4 weeks worth of lessons and I'm hooked! I can see it's going to be a long road, but the tie between me and my mom is proving to be really special since I never knew her...

Any of you guys/girls play?

Randy

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
That's great! You won't regret taking it up. It's one of the most relaxing things I do. I've been playing for close to 20 years now.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
356   0   0
excellent!! my father told me if i ever got better at guitar, he'd give me his custom Framus. i had it at 8! he passed when i was 18,,, still have the guitar! still have the memories!!

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Very nice story Randy, keep up the work as we all know it'll pay off in spades the more you practice. The only thing I can play is my iPod.

Wagz

Großartig Hurensohn
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Very nice! It's never too late to start, and playing an instrument is great relaxation/recreation.

I've been playing guitar and bass for about 21 years now, and I also dabble in drums, ukulele, keyboards and percussion. Music keeps me sane! :eyepoke:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like fun, my brother was a great guitar player, definitely skipped me no finger coordination whatsoever.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Very nice story Randy. It's a nice tribute to your mom and if you keep it up you'll find it very rewarding. I've been playing guitar for about 35 years now and I can't imagine what it would be like not being able to play.
Happy playing :guitar:

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Geez, I have a tough time holding my cigar without dropping it! Good luck Randy, I'm sure you'll be playing well in no time.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Very cool! I love to play myself...but it fallen to the weigh side since the youngun entered our life! Think Ill pick it up today and try getting back in! You ever need advice or looking for random stuff...don't hesitate to ask! Nick

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good luck and keep at it. I have a Fender acoustic and a delta blues hollow
body electric (think BB King) ... can't play either one, but I haven't given up
after about forty years of trying. I was thinking about using them to fight crime with
sort of like El Kabong. The FOG'S will know who he is.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I used to play drums in grade and highschool. My stepfather has played guitar since he was a teen. He also can sing like SRV and play like no other I have ever heard. He has practiced every day of his life for the last 35+ years unless he is not feeling well. I remember growing up the Metronome ticking in the backroom. And the riffs going along at a very fast pace.