What's new

Source for cellophane?

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I am repacking some cigars for storage and have to mix some vitolas and brands together and I'd like to place the naked sticks in cellophane first. Does anybody have a source for cigar cello sleeves in different sizes?

I searched online and came up empty. :dunno:

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
bro you can simply use those partitioned cigar bags that keep going around if you can find some and if your space permits other than that I would look up local cellophane suppliers and see if they can meet your need.

Good luck with your search.. an easier way might be to ask and see if any brothers here have for some reason held onto the cellophane from cigars they've smoked.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I know that there are single baggies out there that may take care of this. Not cello, but will work.

Altercall sent some in the Were's Waldo Pass, so maybe he can give you a lead on them.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I have a lot of the single cigar zip-locks, but those wouldn't be gas permeable like the cello, although I could leave the tops open. Still not as efficient as cello, but I may be stuck with using those.
If anybody has a bunch of empty cellophane that they've been saving though, I'll make it worth your while to trade. :thumbsup:
Thanks!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Have you tried calling a manufacturer, like Pete Johnson, or just PMing him. Maybe NorcalMark as something, he owns a store.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I am repacking some cigars for storage and have to mix some vitolas and brands together and I'd like to place the naked sticks in cellophane first. Does anybody have a source for cigar cello sleeves in different sizes?

I searched online and came up empty. :dunno:

Thanks!

I'd ask Chuck (CWS).

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I'd ask Chuck (CWS).
Oh yes. I have made shrine to cello in my backyard. I was just thinking this would be a good reason to buy a box that you planned on smoking right away. Take the cigars out of the cello from the box you bought and put the ones for long storage in the cello. Boy wont that blow peoples minds.

Seriously, I was thinking Jeff would have quite a few sleeves right now.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Let me know if you need more. I can come up with about 15 to 20 in a torpedo size.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wish I could help you, but I just threw out probably 60 cello wrappers from cigars I bought back in December. I found them under my bed in the box the cigars were shipped in :rofl

Apparently I was too lazy/excited to throw away all of my junk when I got my order in, and decided it was a better idea to stick the box out of sight.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I sent the Rat a little package yesterday. Should do the trick. :innocent:

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
356   0   0
Oh yes. I have made shrine to cello in my backyard. I was just thinking this would be a good reason to buy a box that you planned on smoking right away. Take the cigars out of the cello from the box you bought and put the ones for long storage in the cello. Boy wont that blow peoples minds.

Seriously, I was thinking Jeff would have quite a few sleeves right now.
i do, and i'll send a bunch out real quick-like! i think i have your addy....

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I'm a little late on my thank-you...sorry guys! Chuck and Aaron both fixed me up with plenty of cello sleeves for my project, which I greatly appreciate! :yes:

Chuck even slipped in a little selection of classic barnyard smokes...sneaky bastige! No doubt it was a pathetic attempt to secure my BoM vote...lucky for him I can be bought!

You rascals better watch your backs now!