What's new

Spanish Cedar

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have been trying to find this locally for use in my mini fridge to no avail. I could just buy up boxes at two bucks a piece and break them down. Was wondering if anyone had a good online source for the stuff.

Thanks in advance

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I got a guy that sold me a lot on eBay cheap. He sells it $5 square foot for 1/4" plained on four sides and & $8 square foot for 1/2" cheapest I have ever found it and its real solid wood not veneered bs

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Thanks guys,

Ill take a look at the websites. Rev I might hit you up for the guys ebay name if all else fails.

Griz the nearest mill I have found with it is 2 hours a way, but ill a google search again.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the cedar leads Brothers. I'm seriously thinking about getting some to line my coolidor. I fear that my new NewAir 18 wineador may fill up quickly and I might need some overflow storage :halfgrinw

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
We have a business that sells Spanish Ceder plywood here locally. This is what I bought when I built my humi. Let me see if I can find the link and I'll post it here.
Found it...Plus they may be able to help you out with something closer to home.
http://www.elenbaas.com/

Last edited:

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Thanks man,

I have a few ideas in the mini fridge and I am just kicking some ideas around on how best to get maximum storage out of it. I thought I had all the room in the world with it, but that sucker is filling up fast. lol

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Be careful buying online. Spanish Cedar sometimes still has sap draining in the boards. It's better if you could hand pick them as I do.

Look fork a Woodcrafters or a woodworkers store around your place. Typically they keep a stock of exotic and rare wood. I purchased my boards in 4"x36" at 1/8" thick for $8 a piece.

Good luck.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone in the Baltimore area I can recommend a good exotic woods dealer that stocks kiln dried spanish cedar, among many many more interesting and beautiful woods.