What's new

Starting the coolidor

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ok so the cigar baby got the new wife to ok the wine cooler. How do I set this up? I am assuming I do some of the similar things I do with the humidor. Any advice is always appreciated.

Also going to have to work some overtime to fill it.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I'm too tired to search for them, but there are several threads here that speak of what you need. Search it and it will come up. I have a 26 bottle sized fridge and use a Johnson temp controller (google it) there are other brands though. I also have a cigar oasis XL and kitty litter for humidity control. you can search those topics here. Good luck.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Yup it's been done before. I didn't see it right away. Do a search for wine cooler, avanti or read the thread titles in the storage section. Even if you do not find right away there is lots in there to learn.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
When I set up a wine cooler as a humidor, I bought:

• a Vinotemp 28-bottle Thermoelectric wine cooler at Target
  • Cigar Oasis XL active humidification unit
  • 1lb of 65% humidification beads from Heartfelt
  • One pair of white sheer-toe panty hose
  • Oust fan, minus the aroma module
  • Ranco ETC (Electronic Temperature Control) set at 68ºF
  • Digital temperature and humidification gauge

I used the panty hose (about 10" of one leg) to make a permeable bag for the beads. I put the Oust fan (runs of a D battery) and the Cigar Oasis on one side of the bottom of the wine cooler. Then I just started stacking my boxes of cigars in there using the stock metal shelves. Any singles I have I just put into spare empty cigar boxes. It holds 16 boxes of cigars comfortably, depending on the size/shape of the boxes...but if you play Tetris just right, you can squeeze in several more. I've had as many as 20 boxes in there :crosseyed but it takes a little more effort to dig cigars out when they're that crammed in there.