What's new

Stc 1000

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
If this is in the wrong place, please forgive me and move it to where it should be.
I got my temp controller today, I cut a 6 plug power bar and wired the controller,
Plug end of the wire to the power screws,
Sensor, to the 2 sensor screws
The 6 plug outlet part to the cooling screws.
I then programmed to 18.3 C. And it was reading 25.5 in my house. That roughly transfers to 65 and 74. The unit comes on after the 4 minute delay, but I can not get power out of the STC 1000. Everything is working and set but nothing is going past the unit. Any ideas? I checked YouTube for instructional video, ziltch. Help.
And as far as directions that came with it.... Not good at all.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Here's a wiring drawing Stadawhovious gave me on another board:

The orange cord on the left is power in, and the right side is what you plug the Wineador into.

The temp sensor goes in 3 and 4, and we ignore 5 and 6 since we're not hearing.

Hope that helps!

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
lilninja, WOW, that aint nothing like the direction said. In my mind, working with hvac I thought it should be something like that, but I was following directions... and I aint that good with hvac. Thanks man, I will go home tonite and give it a try. REALLY, THANK YOU.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This is beautiful. I was looking to get one of these. Where do you guys run the probe without ruining the seal on the wino?

Edit : Actually it looks like the probe can be disconnected from the unit so I can run it through the drain hole.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Correct, through the drain hole. Take a look on ebay, you can find them pretty cheap and with F*. They work great, I have about 4 of them, long story. haha

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ahh good call. I'll need to buy an extension cord anyways. I can use the wires from the portion I cut off. Good thinking :)

Any old extension cord will work? Or do you guys recommend those fugly orange ones?

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Here's a wiring drawing Stadawhovious gave me on another board:

The orange cord on the left is power in, and the right side is what you plug the Wineador into.

The temp sensor goes in 3 and 4, and we ignore 5 and 6 since we're not hearing.

Hope that helps!
I wired mine like this too. Worked like a charm.