What's new

storage question

red

beer!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something ive always wondered , but never really found any true answer on...When you stack cigars in your humidor, different sticks..without the cello on them, do the flavors of the cigars merge together after sitting a while? Could you actually be making your cigars taste different based on what there sitting next to it or on top of ?

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I was always under the impression that milder cigars will inherit "traits" of stronger cigars, but it's not really an "overnight thing" or it's not gonna happen in a couple of days, weeks or months either.

But, never ever mix your cigars with flavored or Drew Estate Acid cigars, that is a sure fire way for everything in the humi to taste like them!

red

beer!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was always under the impression that milder cigars will inherit "traits" of stronger cigars, but it's not really an "overnight thing" or it's not gonna happen in a couple of days, weeks or months either.

But, never ever mix your cigars with flavored or Drew Estate Acid cigars, that is a sure fire way for everything in the humi to taste like them!
agreed! and how dare you assume i smoke flavored cigars LOL!! why i otta!!!!!
yah i mean if they sit around for a year or two, untouched ya know!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
agreed! and how dare you assume i smoke flavored cigars LOL!! why i otta!!!!!
yah i mean if they sit around for a year or two, untouched ya know!
Yes, that was what I was referring to in my post.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Other than the obvious reference to mixing flavored / infused cigars with regular ones, I don't think you will taste much of a difference when you smoke 'em.

The vast majority of the flavor is found in the oils + starches of the leaf. I don't believe these will migrate from one cigar to another, even if they are in close proximity.

I think any differences will show up in the pre-light aroma.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'd wondered that as well Red. Like Tedski said I know most of the flavor is in the oils of the leaves but if they are in a sealed box together over a period of several years I'd say they'd almost have to share at least a bit of the flavors, not sure how noticeable it would be unless you had 2 side by side that we're the same age but one aged alone and the other one with other cigars.

scoop

Founders Whore
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd wondered that as well Red. Like Tedski said I know most of the flavor is in the oils of the leaves but if they are in a sealed box together over a period of several years I'd say they'd almost have to share at least a bit of the flavors, not sure how noticeable it would be unless you had 2 side by side that we're the same age but one aged alone and the other one with other cigars.
Will any of the dye come off my Patels if my humidor is over humidified?:waving:

red

beer!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will any of the dye come off my Patels if my humidor is over humidified?:waving:
I hope so, nothing better than a brown ring around your lips after smoking a nice HQ dyed cigar!

and yah, i guess well never know!