What's new

storage suggestions

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was shopping the memorial day sale for a cooler to use for a coolidor. I had one all picked out and went to find he wife. She was in the pet aisle and I found an air tight pet food storage container for half the price and roughly the same size. Now this stands vertical. The problem I am having is stacking or shelving. It has a top open lid. I could just stack boxes inside but he air flow would be lacking. Any suggestions?
IMG_20130530_204336_803.jpg

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It's basically just like a giant tupperdor, but for your boxes. I wouldn't worry too much about air flow, just maybe have whatever you are using for humidification spaced out so the humidity stays more or less even throughout the container. It won't take a whole lot I wouldn't think.

Also, this is just my $.02, but that container is not insulated, which is the biggest benefit of using a cooler other than the large amount of storage for not a lot of money, so I would opt for the cooler over the less expensive container. Living in Hawaii, I would think that temperature might be an issue for you, but I could be wrong :)

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
make sure whatever you do you get the plastic smell out before you store anything in it. i know you probably read this, just wanted to reinforce it. i would also make sure it's in a dark place. I don't think you want sunlight hitting something clear like that. I would imagine a greenhouse effect would happen.