What's new

Storage

Mr.Erskine

I am the Walrus
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just saw another thread that made me question my storage.

I have a small humi and so, to store my other cigars I have had to create a tupperdore, of sorts. In it, I have two cigar boxes that I keep the singles in, and I have a thing of beads that I have set, not in the boxes but outside of them inside of the tupperdore. My question is this, should I even bother with the boxes? I think if the boxes weren't in there, I could store more cigars... Oh no--slippery slope time, I know...

I have also considered breaking the boxes up, (They're inexpensive, nothing that's going to really have any value in the future,) and just using them to line the inside of my tupperdore. I could really use some advice on this, because I do NOT want my sticks to go bad, and since I am starting to get so many good ones, I don't want to be disappointed because I messed up my cigars.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
If the boxes are cedar they help regulate the humidity. Also make it easy to store and move the sticks. I had to expand in Jan. Got one of the christmas ornament tubs with a good seal, put on a pound and a half of (don't look) unscented kitty litter silica and 9 boxesm hygrometer from Walmart and a fan. Holding steady at 68%. Even better the sides are clear so I dont even have to open the sucker. Easy peasy

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have four 180 qt coolers. Two with beads and two with KL. All work pretty well. I had a big bag so it was just easier to use for this temp solution.