What's new

Storing and Traveling

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to being a cigar fanatic, I have always enjoyed smoking a cigar on the side, but now I am hooked. My problem is that I am genuinely ignorant when it comes to storing and keeping my cigars. I am planning to go out of town the next two weekends and was wondering if I were to put my cigars in a ziploc then into a tupperware container how long will it keep. Also, is there a better method of transport for my cigars? Thanks

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Check out cigarsolutions.com they are a sponsor here, and will take care of you. RonC is the screen name of the owner. Your tupperware will work, but it's time to get some beads and a hygro, if you want to use it for a while.

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
There are dozens of threads dedicated to storage options...check out that section of the board...

For just getting started, Ron has several websites dedicated to cost effective storage options.

I reccommend http://www.coolidor.com

Enjoy.

CheapHumidors

Your resident HumiDork
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Johnny,

I've used the little ziploc bags too, they do ok in a pinch. For mobile storage, personally I use a 10 ct cigar caddy (just because I like being able to run it over with a car and have my cigars be ok, even if that never actually happens lol). It's also got a pretty neat clip that's handy when I'm hiking or golfing.

If you double them into ziploc and tupperware, as long as you have a humidification method, they'll be fine for probably up to a week or so (never tried it that long, that's just my gut feeling).

Just my $0.02 :)

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
if you need a cheap travel humi take a tupperware container with a tight seal and a water pillow and there ya go cheap and effective. But I own several cigar caddy's and swear by them.