What's new

Storing NC with CCs

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Guys

Been doing some reading and have seen people saying its totally fine to store NCs with CCs in the same humi, while others say absolutely not!

Aside from wanting to store them both at different RH for personal smoking preference do you guys keep them in the same humidor/coolidor together?

I just put my CC singles into an empty Oliva box in my coolidor across from my cedar trays of NCs... I must say my CCs have a very different aroma (in a great way) than my other stuff so I don't want that to change...

Thoughts??

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I keep them together, but I also keep everything in my humi at 63 (smokes better too me) Ive heard people storing them different for the origins reason, humidity reason, taboo reason, everything. Its all preference IMHO. I haven't noticed any negative effects from storing them together; aroma or smoking.

That being said I used to keep them separate when I kept my NC's at 67-68 and my CC's at 63-64, but overtime I enjoyed a slightly drier smoke with better combustion. I really haven't noticed a difference (other than the obvious humidity difference)

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
It's all good, unless you're rocking a bunch of Acids. Only thing to consider is if you like your NC's at a higher Rh.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I store them all together for the most part in my desktop humi' but in my locker I split them up just because I keep them in their boxes. Never noticed a diffenerance either way.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I store NC's with my CC's but not more than a year as there is a slight transfer that is noticed....IMO a good transfer. For my cigars that I age on purpose I keep them in their own humidor...NC's with NC's and CC's with CC's at 5 years or longer. There isn't that much of a transfer from one cigar to another ( except for infused ----I recommend that you never mix infused with any other type of cigars ) and there isn't much transfer going on regardless of what RH you store them in.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've always stored everything together, I keep around 65% humidity and so I just let them all hang out together in one big group.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Great thread as I only have a couple of cCs and one small humidor

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk